Tuesday 17 April 2012

Quality over quantity



I know, I know, Easter was over a week ago, and I'm probably a little bit late inviting you all to be jealous of my chocolate-goodness, but never late than never.

It’s true what they say: less is more, particularly when it comes to good quality chocolate.

We spent this Easter in Melbourne this year, and were lucky enough to uncover this gem while wandering through South Yarra and Chapel Street:  Ganache Chocolate.

M and I decided to spoil each other, by buying each other a chocolate bunny.  As a lover of rich, dark chocolate M bought me the 75 per cent dark chocolate Swiss Bunny and how could I resist getting him the milk and white chocolate Bunny in an egg? (By the way: I do realise that bunnies do not emerge from eggs, but it was still super cute!)




















To me, good chocolate is about striking that perfect balance between flavour and texture.  I love dark chocolate for its stronger, less sweet flavour, and the ganache dark chocolate bunny epitomises these qualities.

I highly recommend that the next time you’re in Melbourne you visit Ganache, you will not be able to resist the temptation of buying beautiful handmade pralines or some textural and eye catching chocolate bars – we didn’t, and I suggest everyone try the fig and almond milk chocolate bar. Yum!

Ganache Chocolate on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment